OnePlus Planning to Release First 5G Smartphone in End Of May 2019
OnePlus will release a commercial 5G smartphone with carrier network EE in the UK in 2019, the company’s CEO Pete Lau said on Wednesday at the Qualcomm Snapdragon Technology Summit 2018 in Hawaii, US.
Joining the top players hoping to launch a 5G smartphone in 2019, Chinese handset maker OnePlus has said that its first such commercial device,
which could release in the first of next year, would be powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 chipset. OnePlus will release a commercial 5G smartphone with carrier network EE in the UK in 2019, the company’s CEO Pete Lau said on Wednesday at the Qualcomm Snapdragon Technology Summit 2018 in Hawaii, US.
OnePlus’ new 5G device will be powered by Snapdragon’s 855 SoC.
- The unique feature of the Snapdragon 855 is the X50 5G modem. The X50 modem will allow phones to connect to 5G wireless data networks with ‘multi-gigabit’ mobile data speeds.
- The 5G speeds are going to be nearly 50 or 100 times faster and will soon replace the existing 4G LTE data speeds, suggest reports. However, in the beginning, 5G phones will be limited to high-end devices only.
- Also, it took 2-3 years for 4G LTE to garner 15-20% market share; therefore don’t expect 5G phones to be everywhere anytime soon.
- Earlier this week, OnePlus released its high-end version of the OnePlus 6T Mclaren Edition. The phone packed in a massive 10 GB RAM and 256 GB internal storage.
- The new 5G phones might also come with similar RAM specifications and won’t just have faster internet speeds but will also provide the smooth user experience.